When was the last time you had your chimney cleaned? It’s easy to forget about your chimney until you decide to light a fire. But your chimney needs proper care and keeping the rest of your home.
Consider a chimney inspection. Wheeling area residents are turning to Fireplace ‘n’ Fixins. You’ll want to be sure smoke and gases are exiting the chimney as they should and that your interior living space is protected from heat and flames.
Time to call in a professional, qualified Chimney Sweep
We’re all for do-it-yourself jobs, but leave this one to the pros. Special equipment and expertise is necessary, not to mention a tall enough ladder at a dangerous height. With safety issues at stake, it’s best to call in a professional, certified chimney sweep. Be sure to use a qualified team per NFPA (National Fire Protection Association).
What are they looking for in your chimney?
Physical problems that have to do with the integrity of your chimney and which will compromise your safety, such as:
- Broken bricks, flue tiles, deteriorating mortar
- Hairline cracks can be the tip of the iceberg
- Rusting metal interior pieces
- Buildup of creosote on the inside of the chimney, which block the exit of smoke and gas and create dangerous conditions
- Bird nests that block the flue
- Wildlife such as raccoons, snakes, or squirrels living in your chimney
Changes or modifications you may have made:
- Have you updated your fireplace? Does the chimney size accommodate the performance of the new fireplace, stove, or furnace?
- Is the liner adequate to the do the job now?
- Was the new stove or fireplace installed correctly with the proper clearance?Do you require chimney repair? Wheeling area professionals can help.
Find a qualified professional chimney sweep
Word of mouth is always a good place to start. You can also refer to the current listing of CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps online to cut to the chase.
A competent, expert chimney sweep will not only clean your chimney, they will inspect the condition of the chimney and identify any need for repairs. Ask about video scanning images of the chimney that they can show you.
Ready for your Chimney Inspection?
Wheeling-area Fireplace ‘n’ Fixins can get you started down the right path for success this winter. Call us today!